Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Stuck with this one - I sold something on 7th aug there and ....

(4 Posts)
mumofdjandbabies Wed 12-Aug-09 19:40:00

the buyer has been in touch saying they cant pay at the moment but they will at some point....

I cant wait indefinately... I explained I couldnt wait indefinately (past the 7 days ebay say? atleast I think its 7 days)

What can I do here? I dont really want to get a neg over it butc would like to relist it as soon as I can ideally.

How does it work from this point in? thanks

YanknCock Wed 12-Aug-09 19:45:27

Did you say anything in your listing about how soon you expected payment?

In that situation, I'd write a nice message saying that if they cannot pay within 7 days, you would prefer to cancel the transaction now. If they don't do anything and don't pay within 7 days, you can open a dispute, and then once the case has been open 8 days (IIRC) you can close and give them an unpaid item strike. You would then get back your final value fee and be able to relist.

Personally I think it's very bad form for someone to bid on something they can't pay for, and I don't tend to have much sympathy!

mumofdjandbabies Wed 12-Aug-09 19:49:23

ah so 7 days then 8 days so I can relist for 15 days from them winning shock

no i never said a time period for payment

lljkk Wed 12-Aug-09 20:04:46

August is a terrible time to sell most things anyway (not many buyers so prices tend to be reduced from potential max). I would negotiate generous terms about when to pay by, like within 3 weeks, and then say you'll have to relist.

Unless it's one of the few things that gets the best prices in August, like School stuff?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now