Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

It's not my problem surely????

(9 Posts)
Ria79 Wed 12-Aug-09 11:02:06

In a nut shell...

Sold pushchair with BIN.

During the time it was in transit i kept her up to date with it progress etc and in one of the very friendly replies she mentioned she can't wait to push her Grandson and have him face her - ALARM BELLS - it wasn't a rear facing buggy she purchased off me!!!

As the said buggy was due for delivery the next day i emailed her right back and said refuse delivery that way it will come straight back to me. I didn't have to i was just being nice as like i said it's not my fault!!!

No where in my lisitng did it say it was a rear facing buggy!

She went to email me last night to ask how to turn the seat unit round when she saw my last email.

She has now got shitty and wants her money back.

To add insult to injury she has me over a barrel due to the bloody payment being placed on hold until she leave +FB or 21 days passes without a dispute being opened.

Having done Ebay for over 7 years and do kow what i'm doing i know that as she used a BIN i do have to refund her upon retrun of the item but surely it's her error not mine so why should i accpet this as my problem.

Oh and when i mentioned that she may be better off with a Loola she has basically said, find her one, send her one and she'll have that and when i sell the other buggy again she is happy to keep it at hers to save "my" courier costs and get it dispatched straight from her house!!! hmm

What the hell?????? angry

EldonAve Wed 12-Aug-09 11:08:24

Let her go ahead and open a dispute
If your description was right it's her problem

LIZS Wed 12-Aug-09 11:12:36

Probably should n't have made the offer to have it returned as that suggests you accept liability or entered into conversation about alternatives. Guess you'll just have to wait and see what she does.

Ria79 Wed 12-Aug-09 11:20:24

Under Distance Selling Laws she has the right to have a refund so i was just saving myslef the trouble of arranging a courer for another day etc to get the Damn thing back to me. Thought if she refused it it would save me the stress as i kew it wasn't what she wanted!!!
Prob shouldn't of said anything but was trying to save time IYSWIM
Just emailed ebay but doubt i'll get any joy from them, they not exactly on sellers sides these days are they!!!???

CarGirl Wed 12-Aug-09 11:23:30

All you can say is that she has purchased it in error, you are happy to refund her once you have received the item back. I think under the circumstances she has to pay return postage anyway - but wouldn't mention that to her!

Just give her a couple of links to home couriers for her to arrange it herself.

EldonAve Wed 12-Aug-09 11:57:31

I thought distance selling only applied if you run an shop or do you have an ebay shop?

Ria79 Wed 12-Aug-09 11:59:58

No no shop but think it's cos she used a buy it now, have emailed ebay with this quesiton in my last email to them and am about to read the policies on it now your mentioned it but as far as i was aware it applies to everything on abuy it now but i could be wrong!!! smile

EldonAve Wed 12-Aug-09 12:04:22

link
it's not very clear but I think it only applies if you are running a business

tethersend Tue 25-Aug-09 23:35:20

Go onto answer centre on ebay- they are great. Not ebay staff, just users who know EVERYTHING.

They will tell you if you are liable

Link on the top right of page under 'Community'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now