Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

more a gumtree question but still is this dodgy?

(4 Posts)
Thandeka Tue 11-Aug-09 17:21:06

So gave up on the ebay cross trainer selling and tried gumtree. Bloke has offered £120 for it and wants to collect on sunday but thing is in his emails he is nameless - so in the name section of the email he is "some-one" and he has never signed his name to an email which makes me suspicious.

I am going to ensure cash on collection, and maybe buy one of those note checker pens (to see if genuine?) if I can- whsmith? Anything else i can do to protect myself? I want rid of the cross trainer but I also have a funny feeling about this.....

(maybe I am of a suspicious nature as poor furrin bloke of last plaintive post turned out to probably be genuine!)

Am popping out for eve so shall reply on return....

whomovedmychocolate Tue 11-Aug-09 20:45:17

Well why don't you email him and ask him his name? He may not turn up you know. If he is dodgy. Or he could just be an incompetent email user!

missmelly Wed 12-Aug-09 15:01:33

It is a bit weird, but if he was dodgy he'd just make up a name wouldnt he? It would be just as easy to use a fake name as it is to not put one down.
But still, be careful of Gumtree, it's scam central these days

Thandeka Thu 13-Aug-09 16:35:57

Yeah he got back to me with "Jai" no surname. Anyhow at the last minute he has decided to pull out of the sale decided the item is overpriced as he has found the item new for twice the price in a sale (is normally 3 times the price)! You can't win.

Someone must want to buy this cross trainer. We need the space for a cot!

Bah will have to try ebay again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now