Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

look just cos it says 'Swine Flu' in the title of my ad does NOT mean it's farking medicine...

(15 Posts)
SolidGoldBrass Mon 10-Aug-09 23:00:57

Farking Ebay virtual adviser beeping at me with alerts. I am selling BADGES with silly swine flu slogans on, not bootleg Tamiflu, grrrrr, spent about 5 mins arguing with a computer programme.

Mspontipine Tue 11-Aug-09 01:13:57

"silly" hmm

SolidGoldBrass Tue 11-Aug-09 11:46:10

Amusing,if you'd rather, then.

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Tue 11-Aug-09 20:37:47

Mmmm sorry to be a killjoy but what's amusing about swine flu? Think it's a bit odd to sell badges with swine flu slogans on when people are dying from it hmm.

SolidGoldBrass Tue 11-Aug-09 20:57:11

Oh FFS, they are NOT FOR SALE to people with a sense of humour failure and spiky sticks up their arses.

Everything is funny. Especially death.

Mspontipine Tue 11-Aug-09 23:07:34

I'd wait to see if you're still laughing when you or your loved ones get it.

BennyAndJoon Tue 11-Aug-09 23:16:26

oh ffs lighten up

sgb - just try selling coth nappies on there - then you will be appalled

beanieb Tue 11-Aug-09 23:18:36

of course it's funny. just like these

lighten up!

SolidGoldBrass Wed 12-Aug-09 00:12:12

Mspontipine: I will not only be laughing if I get it but will be proudly wearing my badges. Especially the one that says 'Sneeze Like A Pig!'

notcitrus Wed 12-Aug-09 09:06:28

An increasing number of my friends have "I survived swine flu!" badges...

I think I need to make anothe friend one saying "I survived working at the HPA during swine flu!" Much more traumatic...

MrsBadger Wed 12-Aug-09 09:24:44

a few of us used to have stickers on our labcoats that said 'Ask me about SARS!'...

they were the days, eh?

SolidGoldBrass Wed 12-Aug-09 10:35:53

There are few more reliable tiresomeness-indicators than the person who does the cats'-bum-face and goes 'Actually I don't think that's very funny' at jokes/humourous products which are neither aimed at a specific individual within the group nor idle expressions of unthinking bigotry.

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Wed 12-Aug-09 14:25:52

Oh get your head from your arse SGB, FFS!
Just because I don't think your badges are amusing doesn't mean I have no sense of humour. I just don't find this funny....end of.
Oh and fyi I like my 'cats bum mouth'...I don't need as much lipstick wink

Mspontipine Thu 13-Aug-09 22:29:12

It terrifies me that I, my ds (6) or any other dear member of my family get it and don't survive. Are you planning on selling "I didn't survive swine flu" badges to.

In comparison to that badge yours are f**king hilarious.

SolidGoldBrass Fri 14-Aug-09 17:47:40

MsPontipine: then you must live in terror every minute of every day, because there are far more likely things to kill members of your family than swine flu. It's just flu (with so far a ower death rate than most outbreaks of 'normal' flu. Most people who get it recover with no trouble, quite a few people who get it don't actually realise they have got it and think they just have a bit of a cold and upset tummy. It is not the Black Death. A little more dark humour and a little less paranoia would do wonders for your stress levels and your immune system.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now