Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

can anyone advice me please? would you accept this?

(12 Posts)
SparklyGothKat Mon 10-Aug-09 22:50:11

SOmeone has done best offer on one of my items, its a good offer, but 0 feedback. When I clicked on his feedback to see when he registered, it was yesterday but registed in Hong Kong but the postcode on the best offer thingy says Dorset... am very confused...

SparklyGothKat Mon 10-Aug-09 23:09:16

please someone????

strongblackcoffee Mon 10-Aug-09 23:10:46

hmmm, don't know sorry, bump...

SparklyGothKat Mon 10-Aug-09 23:15:24

LOL SBC grin thanks for looking anyway

NotaGoddess Mon 10-Aug-09 23:17:07

If sometimes to good to be true, it probably is. sounds suspicous to me and I would personally decline.

BertieBotts Mon 10-Aug-09 23:18:28

I would decline. The chance it is genuine is too small to risk it, sadly

SparklyGothKat Mon 10-Aug-09 23:20:59

mmmm I am thinking hi-jacked account, but then I thought that if someone had hi-jacked an account (that was only registered yesterday) then they would be doing BIN rather than offers. And they did bid on another item very similar to mine half hour before offering on mine as they didnt win. They are not bidding all over the place....

surreylady Mon 10-Aug-09 23:28:11

I wouldn't accept it - for the address discrepancy if nothing else (but I would be slightly worried about it in general) - they probably wont have a confirmed paypal address either so you could have an issue on seller protection as Paypal require you to send to one.

SparklyGothKat Mon 10-Aug-09 23:40:41

I thought PP covered unconfirmed address now too.. I havent accepted it as I am a bit hmm about it

cornsillk Mon 10-Aug-09 23:41:57

Sounds dodgy - I wouldn't. Was recently scammed on e-bay myself.

SparklyGothKat Mon 10-Aug-09 23:50:52

I am quite ebay savvy but this has thrown me TBH, never come across anything like this.. lol.

CS how were you scammed??

cornsillk Tue 11-Aug-09 01:07:23

I'd rather not say on here as I'm going to try to get the money back from the seller! Nothing very exciting and only paid £25!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now