Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Why's there no Buy it now?

(8 Posts)
mamakim Mon 10-Aug-09 16:15:22

I put a listing up yeasterday with a buy it now price as well as bids. It's not on the listing, but when i go to revise item it's there like it should be on the listing?? Anyone know how i can get it on there?

PfftTheMagicDragon Mon 10-Aug-09 16:18:30

Buy it now option disappears as soon as someone places a bid.

mamakim Mon 10-Aug-09 16:21:38

Does it? i never realised, so someone has now messages me wanting to buy it now, can i do that?

MaDuggar Mon 10-Aug-09 19:06:53

Yes, if you want to annoy your bidders and go against ebay rules. But there isnt anything actually stopping you from doing it.

Oblomov Mon 10-Aug-09 20:23:59

I had this happen to me last month. Didn't realise that a bid in auction negated the buy-it-now function.
I cancelled the auction and relisted it as a buy-it-now. Made me £250. Thus, i think, worth it.

Oblomov Mon 10-Aug-09 20:27:46

I have seen auctions , starting from 0.99p, currently say bid up to £7, and STILL with a buy-it-now function listed of say £15.99. And then the auction disappears because someone has gone in, mid auction and buy-it-nowed for the £15.
I just don't get the rules.

PfftTheMagicDragon Mon 10-Aug-09 22:18:14

LOL at buy-it-nowed grin

Are they shop items, with more than one available? Not sure really, just thinking of reasons grin

pebbles79 Tue 11-Aug-09 00:25:55

If an auction has an option for bids with a reserve and also a BIN price, the BIN price will only disappear once the reserve has been reached.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now