Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Recorded delivery and signatures

(5 Posts)
Carrotfly Mon 10-Aug-09 09:00:11

Sold an item on ebay. Sent it recorded to the PP verified name and address.

However, a different name signed for the package than is used on ebay.

I can see how this happened as it was a business address I sent it too.

If the buyer is now asking where is my parcel ? what can I do ?Have I been stung ?

I've obviously told her to contact Mrs X who signed for it ... but if it went to a dispute would I loose out ?

poopscoop Mon 10-Aug-09 09:07:02

interesting point carrot. i shall watch this. i would presume that you would be covered by the insurance of the recorded delivery if the item did not make it. But would also expect the person who signed to be located for a full story before you make any claims. You/PO have the signature that it was proven that it arrived at destination.

imaginewittynamehere Mon 10-Aug-09 09:13:18

I would have thought that in giving you that address to have it delivered to that the person you were sending it to would be there or was sure of the integrity of anyone who would be available to sign for it. If you have a signature at the correct address then your responsibility for it stops there & paypal will find in your favour.

Carrotfly Mon 10-Aug-09 09:17:28

Thanks for the replies, its good to have a bit of positive reassurance.

Its all just gone a bit quiet from the buyer and I was starting to get a bit concerned ahead of myself !

aristocat Mon 10-Aug-09 10:17:23

agree that you only have to prove delivery [which you have done by sending to their PP address by recorded] and PP should be satisfied with your actions.

interested to see what your buyer does now?
this has never happened to me yet smile, recorded usually just get shoved through the letterbox!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now