Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

bland feedback gets on my nerves!

(12 Posts)
icedgemsrock Fri 07-Aug-09 20:46:24

I really hate it when i know i've sold a lovely item, looking forward to getting a glowing review - and the feedback is ...... thankyou!
I know it doesn't really matter and I have 100% positive feedback but the outfit was bnwt retail £22 she got it very quickly for £2.70 and said .... thank you!
AArgh - as punishment i won't give her feedback - that will make me feel better! grin

YesImSinister Fri 07-Aug-09 20:50:42

I hope you're joking about not giving her feedback. hmm
Ebay is a bland, faceless trading environment. So of course bland feedback is left.

lljkk Fri 07-Aug-09 20:54:25

Life is too short, Life is too short, Life is too short...

blithedance Fri 07-Aug-09 21:00:18

You are joking I hope. Feedback is supposed to be objective and factual. " Quick transaction no problems" is usually the best I can think of . I am a bit hmm about these people who put "Ace Ebayer one of the very best ***LOVE YOU" when all I did was sell them a T shirt.

You should be thanking her for buying it when nobody else was interested!

YesImSinister Fri 07-Aug-09 21:11:06

And it's not as if you were selling a home made item that you have put your time, effort and creativity into - you were selling unwanted clothing.

Do you have self-esteem issues OP? Just wondering why you would feel such strong negative emotions about bland ebay feedback.

Tryharder Fri 07-Aug-09 21:58:13

Actually, I can see where the OP is coming from. I sold a very lovely, never worn good quality jacket for 99p and the feedback left was "alright".

I have also had the "thank u" feedback. I bet if you check, she will have left the same feedback for everyone and will be leaving feedback for about 20 people in one go due to ebay having sent her a reminder.

suwoo Fri 07-Aug-09 22:09:15

I only leave something bland like 'thank you' if I don't really like the item but there was nothing wrong with it. I am usually very gushy if I really like something.

icedgemsrock Fri 07-Aug-09 22:09:53

OMG take a chill pill you lot!!! the big grin at the end should have given you a clue that I was attempting a fun post (failed on that one didn't I)

Anyway I can't take any more criticism due to my low self esteem! - that has amused me - thanks sinister!

Thank you try harder - it does slightly wind me up when I get one word feedback.
Must remind me of my school report - THAT IS A JOKE!!!

piscesmoon Fri 07-Aug-09 22:25:20

As long as it is positive it doesn't matter.

Tinfoil Fri 07-Aug-09 23:47:39

I agree, piscesmoon.

lljkk Sun 09-Aug-09 11:25:43

Who has time to read FB?
I completely don't believe FB like "Ace Ebayer!!" etc. So Out of Proportion to anything that could have happened.
The ONLY time I look at FB is when somebody has had negs or neutrals, and even then I look almost entirely ONLY at the neg/neutrals, to try to see what went wrong in just those few cases (almost always it's only a few non-positives they have).

piscesmoon Mon 10-Aug-09 07:57:54

Exactly lljkk!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now