Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

New ebay bidder tips

(8 Posts)
lobsters Fri 07-Aug-09 20:29:23

I haven't bought anything from ebay in years, and even then I think I've only bought 2 things. I'm now after an activity centre for DD, I've seen a couple I have my eye one, and was just looking for tips on winning the auction. Once I've entered a bid just above the current bid, is also worth entering the max I'm prepared to go up to, or is it better to just keeping coming back to the auction.

Also I've seen 3 of basically the same thing, but can't work out why 2 have no bids, yet the other has 14 or so and is over £10 more, any likely explanations?

Any other tips
Ta

stressed2007 Fri 07-Aug-09 20:40:03

do u want to post item numbers and I will look and tell you in my opinion why? I won't want them so don't worry.

Mousey84 Fri 07-Aug-09 20:40:48

If you want to link them, Ill have a look.

I tend to decide how much I want to spend and bid on one at top price (if I like 5, I bid on the one ending first, if I dont win, I go to next one etc etc)

lobsters Fri 07-Aug-09 21:05:05

I'm looking to collect, so have narrowed it down to those within driving distance of me

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270437067363&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120454810879&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

http:/ /cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320407337645&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

hope these work

Mousey84 Fri 07-Aug-09 21:15:27

Well, last one is baby einstein, so the brand name will prob get it more attention.

All good feedback, so I couldnt fault any of them. Id go with cheapest (and I trust Graco - great quality stuff - we had one - its gone on to serve 7 other children consecutively)

Mousey84 Fri 07-Aug-09 21:19:25

Oh, I just thought - you may want to email sellers to see if they are normally in during the day, or whatever time you are planning to pick it up. If you cant collect in evenings or weekends, but thats the only time they are in, then itll dis-count them.

stressed2007 Fri 07-Aug-09 21:39:48

the last one is the most expensive - I think twice the price of the others to buy - I have one. My friend said she saw John Lewis advertising for £90 this week. The second Graco one looks much older then the first one. Not to say it is no good though. I am sure your baby would enjoy any of them- he/she will not be sitting in it all day - would just go for cheapest one in good condition.

lobsters Wed 12-Aug-09 22:05:58

Thanks for all your help, the ones I wanted ended sunday afternoon, but Sunday morning we decided to head to the beach, and i couldn;t get reception on my phone to monitor the bidding, so I missed out, but I did get to spend DD's first day on the beach which is worth a million activity centre, even if she did eat half the beach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now