Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Are anyone elses parcels taking ages to arrive? RM about to strike but not yet?

(8 Posts)
LittleMissBliss Thu 06-Aug-09 13:36:08

We've bought allot of stuff off e-bay shops in the past week or so.

And it's all taking ages to arrive....?

An item was also sent first class recorded on Tuesday but didn't turn up yesterday. If it doesn't turn up today, can the seller track it?

Also if something is sent first class surely it should arrive the next day?

I'm just getting a little annoyed. Waiting in for poat with a toddler.

One item was a personalised gift for ds's friend who is leaving for Germany on Saturday! I payed for it last Friday?!

If anyone is experiencing the same? Please let me know.

LittleMissBliss Thu 06-Aug-09 13:37:19

roug ? in last line....hmm

No, I have ordered lots of mail order stuff recently and have been amazed how fast has been coming.

Sellers have a week to post on e-bay, are you sure it's been sent?

LittleMissBliss Thu 06-Aug-09 13:48:35

As far as i'm aware it has all been sent i will chase everyone up again with e-mails. I have just taken their word for it.

I'm not sure if its just our local Post office then. The letters arrive with a postman on a bike along with parcels that can be posted through the door. A van will deliver larger parcels about an hour later. At about 1.30-2.30ish.

BigGobMum Thu 06-Aug-09 14:03:29

If something has been sent first class it does not necessarily mean it will arrive the next day. First class is not a guaranteed service; if the package was posted at a post office after the last Royal Mail pick-up then it will not even leave the Post Office until the next day.

As for Recorded Delivery - it cannot be tracked. It can be shown as delivered but not tracked - it just goes in the ordinary post.

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Thu 06-Aug-09 14:06:45

Yeah recorded deilevery isn't really any different from normal post it offers no gurantees, it's special delivery that offers next day gurantee.

LittleMissBliss Thu 06-Aug-09 14:11:39

So not much i can do really if my parcels don't arrive in the next hour. Rubbish. sad
I'll just have to wait and see i guess. I'm so fed up. It has taken the shine off of everything. I was so looking forward to the stuff arriving.

missmelly Thu 06-Aug-09 14:49:58

I'm waiting on two things that were sent on the 29th by royal mail first class, and another sent i think by courier on the 31st. Very puzzling

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now