Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

do you/does anyone sell used but great condition bras on ebay?

(34 Posts)
bodiddly Wed 05-Aug-09 19:49:41

or is it a waste of time even trying? - are people funny about buying second hand undies? I have probably about 10 bras that are in fantastic condition that no longer fit me as I went up a couple of cup sizes when I had ds. They are all really pretty and would hate to see them go to waste!

poopscoop Wed 05-Aug-09 19:51:32

am sure someone would buy them, try an advanced serach of completed listings to see if they go.

Not my cup of tea tbh,

slyandgobbo Wed 05-Aug-09 19:52:29

I thiink people are funny about this. Many years ago there was a thread on here where some poor woman tried to sell bras. People were v v harsh...

Elk Wed 05-Aug-09 19:53:05

I don't think you are allowed to sell second hand underwear on e-bay, you would need to check on their list of prohibited items.

bodiddly Wed 05-Aug-09 19:56:27

thank you! I think I heard something recently about charity shops needing them so maybe I will give that a go!

poopscoop Wed 05-Aug-09 20:01:32

somewhere on tv they were wanting them to make planters for flowers! Was a sort of eco friendly idea thingy. Honest to god, you google and see what you can find.

bodiddly Wed 05-Aug-09 20:05:08

have actually just found someone selling a job lot on ebay ... she has a bid of £8.50 so it is obviously allowed!

poopscoop Wed 05-Aug-09 20:11:17

just searched for completed listings and not much sells that is used. Just the odd thing every now and then. majority of stuff seems to have gone unsold which is used.

bodiddly Wed 05-Aug-09 20:12:48

thanks poopscoop ... I didnt know you could search for things that had sold/completed listings!

poopscoop Wed 05-Aug-09 21:10:37

yes, you get to the item you are interested which is for sale. then click 'advanced search' at the top, then you get a list of different things, scroll down til you get to 'completed' continue to scroll to the bottom tehn click SEARCH. and up they all come. If lit in green, it sold, if red, it went unsold. Good idea to always check here before you sell something to see if they are popular or not. smile

bodiddly Wed 05-Aug-09 21:11:48

you learn something new every day .. thanks for that!

MadreInglese Wed 05-Aug-09 21:13:07

IIRC there is a charity that sends unwanted bras out to struggling countries for the women and teenage girls, can't remember the name of it though

spottyblueberries Wed 05-Aug-09 21:13:27

I've sold loads of bras on ebay, mostly only worn once or twice as I had a habit of buying what I thought I was, not what I actually am blush

spottyblueberries Wed 05-Aug-09 21:14:35

size

bodiddly Wed 05-Aug-09 21:17:52

spottyblueberries - were they posh makes? mine are m&s but nice m&s designs if you know what i mean!

CarGirl Wed 05-Aug-09 21:24:20

if you list them for 99p it's free so nothing to lose iyswim?

I send mine out to malawi along with washable nappies and other clothing!

bodiddly Wed 05-Aug-09 21:51:35

am considering sending them somewhere CarGirl but am trying to raise some cash .. hence the ebay question. Have cleared out 4 years of ds' clothes, books, toys to sell as well. Just debating ebay versus netmums versus car boot! The only problem is that going through the teeny clothes this evening is making me broody. Its ironic that I now think I want a second but can't afford it!

CarGirl Wed 05-Aug-09 21:56:00

pah you can never afford dc, you just have them and cope!

I would try listing them on ebay because they are in good condition.

Car boot - we sell clothes 3 for a £1, small designer bundles should sell well on ebay though.

Netmumns worth a try - free and little hassle?

bodiddly Wed 05-Aug-09 22:01:30

my living room is swamped in stuff .. I have pulled it all out and have it in age groups ready to either photograph or get ready for car boot ... its criminal really as there are some lovely things!

I wish we could cope .. having ds has put us in debt (largely because he has been full time at nursery and we had the house to do at the same time). We have just paid our last payment so it will take us quite a while to get sorted. We can't afford to start it all over again sad

CarGirl Wed 05-Aug-09 22:05:17

sad

Car boot is quickest way then ebay bundle the rest?

bodiddly Wed 05-Aug-09 22:07:22

I think you are right .. perhaps I will keep aside the things he had that were the better brands (gifts from people) like Mini boden, Gap, Petit Bateau for ebay ... and car boot the TU, Next stuff etc.

YanknCock Wed 05-Aug-09 22:08:55

I've sold loads of bras on ebay! Just got rid of a bunch not too long ago. I normally sell Cacique by Lane Bryant from the U.S.--they always sell well due to being plus size, I think it can be hard for larger ladies to get good quality plus size bras for cheap over here. I've never had a bra not sell. I always start them cheap and don't try to make money out of postage. It all adds up, depending on the bra I usually expect to make somewhere between £3-6 per item.

Have also sold bras from Ann Summers and Debenhams. Main thing seems to be that they are well cared for, and try to take a decent picture so people can get an idea of the style.

bodiddly Wed 05-Aug-09 22:11:55

YC if you had 10 or more would you sell them as a bundle or individually? Mine are 34C so not unusual size .. wish they fitted me as they are fab!

YanknCock Wed 05-Aug-09 22:26:23

I never did bundles myself, just always mentioned in each listing that I was selling others in the same size and would combine postage if the buyer won more than one. I always did 2nd class postage and noted in the listing that I added an additional £.30 for packaging (which is exactly what it cost me for the little plastic mailers). People do get quite annoyed if you look to be making money out of postage/packaging.

Another thing, make sure you fill in all the information and write a good description. Have cut and pasted my template here if it will help you any. Not saying it is brilliant, just that I've never had one not sell. Hope it helps! smile:

You are bidding on a used polyamide/cotton/Elastane underwired bra from the Debenhams Gorgeous line. The colour is black. This bra has a 2 hook back closure and lace detail in the centre and on the back straps (but not the itchy kind). Size on tag is 40D. The cups are lined with cotton, very comfortable, no seams (so good under t-shirts).

I am selling due to the fact that I am pregnant. I've already outgrown this bra and I have no idea when/if I'd be able to use it again so I'd rather sell it and get some maternity bras.

Item comes from a smoke and pet-free home. I have several other bras in similar sizes for sale, so please check out my other auctions. I will combine shipping if you win more than one item. Please wait for new total before paying if you win more than one item.

I have added an additional 30p for packaging to the cost of postage. If you think this is unfair, please do not bid.

Payment:

* Payment can be by Paypal, Personal Cheque, Postal Order, or Banker's Draft.
* Please note, if paying by cheque, item will not be dispatched until the cheque is cleared.
* International buyers must pay by Paypal.

EachPeachPearMum Wed 05-Aug-09 22:30:37

cargirl- what charity do you use?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now