Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I posted item, buyer says not recieved - what do I do?

(5 Posts)
Wilkiepedia Wed 05-Aug-09 14:04:17

Where do I stand?

Posted designer sunglasses she paid £20 for to her first class on 22nd July and she emailed yesterday to say still not arrived.

I have proof of postage but nothing else. My address was on back.

What do I do? Surely I don't have to refund her full amount as she could be lying although I don't think she is - seems genuine with good feedback (same as me).

laughalot Wed 05-Aug-09 14:05:57

Text eah she is good with ebay bits. Sorry not much help myself x

I think they are supposed to wait 15 days for the item to arrive.

After that ~I think you have to refund, but if you have proof of posting you can claim it back from the RM.

pleasechange Wed 05-Aug-09 14:07:15

Happened me and I felt obliged to refund as I didn't want bad feedback. Guess it's a pitfall of first class not recorded, but def a bummer especially at £20 loss

surreylady Wed 05-Aug-09 14:49:57

if you have proof of postage you will be able to make a claim against the PO - up to £32 - this process cannot be started until 15 working (not elapsed) days from the posting date. You can ask the buyer to wait for a while longer but the ebay obligation on you is to deliver not post so if it is not received then paypal would find in favour of the buyer and refund - unless you can prove the tracking which you cannot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now