Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

dp got negged. any advice on what to do,

(9 Posts)
southeastastra Tue 04-Aug-09 19:56:38

if anything? he left this message:

thanks for quick delivery on item which is in good condition apart from stitching missing from around the hem which wasnt meantioned so was a bit disappointed. im gonna ask someone if can be fixed but if not do u accept returns?

dp ignored the message hmm. if the bloke had sent another email requesting refund dp would have done it. have no idea why he didn't just reply.

so got negged. dp wants to live with it. what would you do?

OldLadyKnowsNothing Tue 04-Aug-09 20:08:56

I think he has to live with it - he didn't reply to the email, so poor communications merit the neg, imvho.

Does this really make your dp look bad, as a percentage of all of his feedback? I don't expect 100% positive when I buy.

southeastastra Tue 04-Aug-09 20:15:26

not too bad, 99.6 with 1589

OldLadyKnowsNothing Tue 04-Aug-09 20:21:14

That wouldn't put me off.

crokky Tue 04-Aug-09 20:26:45

if you have 1589, you should be eligible to invite the guy to retract the feedback. I think it is available for 1000+.

I would be upset about a neg, but I think what your DP did actually deserved a neg.

So in order to get a retraction, I would think you would need to give the guy a full refund of price and postage AND let him keep the damaged item. You would also have to make up some BS excuse such as you were on holiday when his email came (hopefully you didn't have other eBay transactions disproving this!) or say that your DP forgot to tell you about it.

Overall, you deserve the neg so you will have to go to some lengths to get it removed IMO.

Buyers are entitled to ignore requests for revision/retraction and the request will be active for 10 days, after which you can take no further action.

southeastastra Tue 04-Aug-09 20:33:55

i think the buyer could have emailed again, i would have, or even started a dispute before negging.

southeastastra Tue 04-Aug-09 20:34:20

thanks for the info though crok

Mspontipine Tue 04-Aug-09 21:47:35

Deserved it really didn't he

GirlsAreLoud Tue 04-Aug-09 21:50:16

How long did he ignore the email for?

More importantly, why did he ignore it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now