Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Gaaaah sold something on ebay last night, just went to package it up and found it wasn't in the condition I thought it was . If I offer a refund what's the chances of getting -ve feedback?

(12 Posts)
Aimsmum Mon 03-Aug-09 21:01:40

Message withdrawn

ClaireDeLoon Mon 03-Aug-09 21:05:49

I wouldn't give a negative for that - you've made an honest mistake, you're dealing with it instead of trying to pass it off and you're being more than reasonable in how you're dealing with it.

thisisyesterday Mon 03-Aug-09 21:06:37

yes i think that's more thanenough! i am sure they won't leave you negative. if they do they're very unreasonable

mrsjammi Mon 03-Aug-09 21:07:41

Message withdrawn

mrsjammi Mon 03-Aug-09 21:08:56

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Mon 03-Aug-09 21:21:34

Message withdrawn

Tryharder Tue 04-Aug-09 18:41:59

This has happened to me recently - listed an item of clothing and got a good price for it. However, when I was packing it, I noticed that it was ripped at the bottom- I emailed the buyer and in the end, I refunded her the sale price and sent her the item as she was going to have a bash at repairing it. She left me brilliant feedback. I think most people are very reasonable and nice if you are upfront and honest.

The name written on the Woody doesn't sound that bad to me if the toy is in otherwise good nick. I would offer a choice: either a full refund and not send her the item at all or send her the item and give her half her money back.

FlightHattendant Tue 04-Aug-09 18:45:27

Aimsmum i will swap you for ours

he has had his string cut off

his eyes and face coloured in BLACK with a marker hmm

clothes pulled off partially and lost

AND names on his boots

You are doing fine grin

<I want girls next time>

TheChilliMoose Tue 04-Aug-09 18:57:39

It sounds like you are being very reasonable, and I certainly wouldn't leave you a negative for it.

BakewellTarts Tue 04-Aug-09 19:07:36

I wouldn't give a negative if you told me in advance and even if they do you have the option to reply and set out your case. When I look at feedback I always read the negatives and see how someone responds after all there are lots of loons on Ebay.

Aimsmum Tue 04-Aug-09 22:56:25

Message withdrawn

Aimsmum Tue 11-Aug-09 16:36:09

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now