Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

cash on collection? is this usually ok?

(4 Posts)
Meglet Sat 01-Aug-09 20:11:52

I've seen a pushchair I would love. Its cash on collection, buyer has good feedback and the general 'feel' of it seems fine (good clear pictures, seller lives in a nice area).

If I do cash on collection should I ask for a handwritten receipt? I was going to ask him if he would accept a cheque, but I suppose he could think I'm trying to pull a fast one.

Or should I insist we do it via paypal so I have proof?

misdee Sat 01-Aug-09 20:14:19

cash on collection is preferred, people have been doing chargebacks or filing items not recieved when paing for stuff with paypal and collecting it.

check the pram over thoroughly when you collect it, and ask for two receipts to be ready for you both to sign, and for ou both to retain one.

MrsKitty Sat 01-Aug-09 20:17:03

I often pay cash on collection when picking up larger items, and am also happy to accept cash on collection when selling. Never had an problems - you could ask for a receipt if you like, but I don't really see the point? If you're more comfortable with having a record of your purchase I'm sure the seller would be OK with accepting paypal as long as it was in their account before you collected (although personally I would prefer the cash in order to avoid the paypal fees that would incur!

Meglet Sat 01-Aug-09 20:19:02

thank you smile. I'm sure the seller is fine, so I'll just ask him to do a receipt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now