Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Is there a summer holiday ebay lull?

(6 Posts)
DitaVonCheese Sat 01-Aug-09 19:09:12

I have loads of baby stuff to sell but my dad (who is an ebay-obsessive) reckons that there is a summer holiday lull and stuff doesn't go for as much. I didn't believe him until DSIL bought a Bumbo the other day for a fiver (I was watching some a few months ago and they never went for less than about £18). Could have been a one-off of course, but I could do with my stuff going for a decent price (eg the Lin & Leo bag I couldn't really afford in the first place blush).

What do you think, wise women of MN?

dooneygirl Sat 01-Aug-09 19:43:22

I'm in the states, but yes, sales are, without fail, always slower during the summer.

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Sat 01-Aug-09 20:18:45

I would say that it has definately slowed down. I'm still listing a bit but I'm planning to do a massive listing session at the beginning of Sept with winter stuff.

DitaVonCheese Sat 01-Aug-09 21:55:39

Balls. Some of it is summer stuff though so may just get that on. Silly me!

Tryharder Tue 04-Aug-09 18:44:25

Definitely slower.

I have some things listed at the moment that are lovely and normally would attract loads of watchers and definitely more than one bid! But, no bids and maybe one watcher...)

It's a good time for buying though, just won a bundle of lovely boys clothes for 99p.

higgle Thu 06-Aug-09 19:09:18

Yes, and as a buyer I've had some real bargains this summer - £159 Brora dress for £42 and a BNWT Toast dress £155 for £22. I shall be selling to replenish my coffers in September.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now