Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Alternatives to Ebay for getting rid of ladies clothes?

(8 Posts)
smellymel Thu 30-Jul-09 13:14:08

Am having a major clearout of my wardrobe (shocked at how much stuff I've accumulated and hope to slim back into!)

Are there any other sites for selling clothes, apart from Ebay? Anyone had success? Thanks

SOLOisMeredithGrey Thu 30-Jul-09 13:16:16

I'm looking at finding an alternative too for all my gorgeous baby girl clothes. Think it'll be a boot sale because it'll be cheaper and also it's immediately in your pocket. You can also state the price you want and if you don't want to accept an offer, you can just say no!

smellymel Thu 30-Jul-09 14:40:12

Know what you mean about the car boot sale. i reckon you end up with less money, but then you don't have the hassle of posting and the ebay/paypal fees. just the folk that want a cashmere jumper for 50p!!

comewhinewithme Thu 30-Jul-09 14:43:00

I think there is a site called mywardrobe
which is free but works a bit like ebay.

exchangeandmart Thu 30-Jul-09 15:28:27

Have a look over at the buy/sell other stuff section at exchange and mart at the mo there are over a 1000 listings for baby clothing and nursery equipment and there a good section for clothing too. Hope that's a help

mygirllollipop Thu 30-Jul-09 16:31:00

You can swap or sell clothes on www.bigwardrobe.com

cheesesarnie Thu 30-Jul-09 16:32:29

what about the for sale section here?

mel1981 Thu 30-Jul-09 21:47:41

gumtree or bookoo (it is a new local online carboot sale site) But as its only local theres not as many people looking and items are usually collected not posted or most freecycle sites have a home page with a for sale section.

Ebid is just like ebay.

Like cheesesarnie says try on here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now