Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Help: Paypal have contacted me as £1200 has gone into my account- scam?

(2 Posts)
Thandeka Tue 28-Jul-09 19:43:53

So I sold a crosstrainer on ebay (see other thread about possible scam- am suspicious of buyer) and was expecting £150 cash on collection. Buyer has contacted me once about the invoice I sent but thats it (I probably didnt need to bother with invoice since it was cash on collection)

Anyhow today I recieve an email saying £1200 has gone into my paypal account and they will be contacting me as per their money laundering regulations. Now I am not expecting any money in my paypal account but suspect someone is trying to scam me with the old pay too much but I then refund only to end up skint somehow. Is that right/possible on Paypal?

Is this a scam? (paypal wont tell me yet if payer is same payer as ebay buyer- I will phone them)

Any tips on how to protect myself?

Thanks

Thandeka Tue 28-Jul-09 20:01:52

Hang on no that seems to be a mistake- seems my transactions have reached a critical limit- see other thread for better explanation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now