Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Bloody cheating git of a seller

(12 Posts)
Tidey Sun 26-Jul-09 23:26:27

This may well sound pathetic as it is a relatively small amount of money, but it has really bloody annoyed me.

I ordered a DVD for DSD's birthday a month ago. It arrived two weeks after I paid for it, not brilliant service, but that would've been okay had the DVD not been an obvious fake, blank disc, photocopied cover and labelled NTSC, so not the official UK copy the seller had advertised.

I contacted the seller, who said to return it for a refund. So I duly sent it back, and they stopped responding to any messages.

I then got an email from eBay telling me that this seller had been removed from eBay. So I now can't contact them, leave them feedback or in any other way retrieve my money. If I open a PayPal claim, they want tracking details of the package, which I can't give because I already returned it.

I know there's nothing I can do, and let's face it, it's only about a tenner. It's more the fact that this arsehat has taken money, had the disc back and I have pay that money out again to replace DSD's gift. Just a little tale of warning that even though the feedback rules have changed, there are still sellers that take the piss, not just buyers.

mel1981 Sun 26-Jul-09 23:35:36

so sorry you had a crap seller, unfortunatly theres too many idiots getting away with stuff on ebay atm, its a shame for the rest of us. hope DSD enjoys aher b'day

caykon Thu 30-Jul-09 10:38:33

i would still put a dispute in with paypal, as it is illegal to sell knockoff dvds. They may well rule in your favour regardless of proof of posting especially if there have been a lot of complaints. I claimed once due to fake perfume and didnt need to return the item to get my refund. Its worth a try.

aristocat Thu 30-Jul-09 12:38:42

yes, definitely dispute with paypal.
at least you can vent some anger at them grin

squilly Thu 30-Jul-09 12:47:20

You should be able to dispute with Paypal and get all your money back. Not your problem the seller is a twonk who sells illegal dvds and that's what Paypal promises to protect you from.

allgonebellyup Thu 30-Jul-09 13:15:18

i paid £150 for a jewellery voucher, waited 3 wks and it never showed up, when i tried to contact the seller he was no longer a member... sad

Tidey Thu 30-Jul-09 13:20:29

The dispute is open, I have emailed PayPal and explained about sending the disc back and they are apparently waiting for the seller to respond. We've re-ordered the DVD from Amazon where the Marketplace sellers don't seem to be as dodgy grin

LynetteScavo Thu 30-Jul-09 13:22:38

Arsehat(?) - that's a new one to me! grin

Tidey Thu 30-Jul-09 13:24:40

Me too, LynetteScavo, clearly I was so cross when I posted that I had to invent a new insult! I may have to try and get it into common usage...

LynetteScavo Thu 30-Jul-09 13:29:59

It's a good word. I'm going to use it from now on.

Tidey Fri 28-Aug-09 19:18:22

So, I've just checked my account, and the case has been closed because I couldn't provide the tracking details, despite me telling them that I had already returned the DVD at the seller's request. I bet the little gobshite is back on there selling under another name, stealing money from other people who can't really afford to do the equivalent of tearing up money and throwing it into the wind. I just hope they don't swindle anyone out of a large amount.

Arsehat.

MaDuggar Sat 29-Aug-09 11:26:50

If this was ever to happen again, open a paypal dispute before returning the DVD, wait til paypal tell you to return it, and send it recorded! Its the only way to guaruntee a refund.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now