Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

posting- would you?

(9 Posts)
mel1981 Sun 26-Jul-09 21:03:51

Advice please!
someone has just emailed me saying theyve bid on an item (only 99p) and they live in germany, but they would like me to deliver to a relative in wales if they win. Would you do this?

LoveBeingAMummy Sun 26-Jul-09 21:05:14

I have had a seller post an item to sctoland for me as it was a present and seemed silly ot pay to post to me and then pay to post to scotland.

LoveBeingAMummy Sun 26-Jul-09 21:05:45

Sorry about spelling blush

mel1981 Sun 26-Jul-09 22:56:34

yeah thats fair enough, I think it mite be a similar reason for my buyer. But am I at risk of them saying it wasnt received or anything and me ending up out of pocket? I know its not much money involved.

KingCanuteIAm Sun 26-Jul-09 23:02:59

Your proof of postage will be to the wrong address for Paypal purposes so they will be able to claim non-receipt.

However, for 99p, I don;t think anyone would be that silly would they?

mel1981 Sun 26-Jul-09 23:58:38

true lol! surely they would pick something more expensive.

KingCanuteIAm Mon 27-Jul-09 09:44:49

I would have thought so. grin

(remember to calculate your potential out of pocket costs including postage though, if it is a 99p item but £10 postage then you could lose quite a lot IYSWIM)

mel1981 Mon 27-Jul-09 10:40:56

yeah, thanks for the advice kingcanute. smile

savoycabbage Mon 27-Jul-09 10:43:43

Yes, I do this a lot as I live in Australia - but I ask first if it is OK. Also I buy things from American e-aby and ask if they will send it to my mother-in -law who lives there. Then she sends things on to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now