Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

My item has been won by someone from outside the UK and I clearly state I don't send outside the UK

(6 Posts)
bumface Sat 25-Jul-09 19:22:25

Hello,

My item has been won by someone from the Netherlands.
I stated I don't send outside the UK and several people asked me to and I said no. If I had said I would, it probably would have gone for much more.

I sent a (very polite) transaction cancel request and the buyer denied it (about 5 days after I sent it)

What should I do? What would you do? I want to just keep the item now.
Thanks!!!

suwoo Sat 25-Jul-09 19:34:49

Why don't you post outside the UK though? No big deal, take it to the PO the same. You can send it signed for too, if that is the issue.

bumface Sat 25-Jul-09 20:07:40

Yes true, but I have had trouble with things I have sent overseas in the past (not through ebay)and have lost money.

The thing is if I had said yes to the other people who asked if I would send it oveseas they probably would have bid on it and it might have gone for more.

I stated quite clearly that I wouldn't send overseas and they still bid on it. Surely they are in the wrong.

Should I just accept it and send them an invoice with the extra postage it will be to send to the netherlands?

sixlostmonkeys Sat 25-Jul-09 20:14:26

yes, send an invoice for the correct postage.

for future listings it will be best if you set your preferences to block bids from countries to which you don't post

bumface Sat 25-Jul-09 20:21:24

Thank you, I didn't know you could do that.

Stupid old Dutchman... mutter mutter... I hope his clogs get woodworm and his tulips droop!

SNOWBall4girlz Sat 25-Jul-09 23:47:20

lol at wood worm and drooping tulips

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now