Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Can you confirm this for me?

(3 Posts)
Pingpong Fri 24-Jul-09 22:39:19

I ebay quite a lot and am quite familiar with the most common rules etc. I've been on the ebay and paypal help section but just wanted to run this by the mumsnet ebayers to double check. Any comments welcome:
On 10th May Polish man with feedback of 2 bought an item from me. Paid on 16th May, I left + feedback and posted the item airmail & got proof of posting.
16th June he contacts me to say he has not received item - tone was fairly aggressive but I gave him benefit of doubt as English not his first language. I asked him to confirm his address and whether he wanted a refund or item sent again. He chose for item to be sent again. I swithered as to whether to send it recorded (but it's £4+ for Europe) so decided to just send it airmail with proof of posting again for £1.21. I then claimed from RM but I haven't heard back from them yet.
Today I received email from Polish man saying he still hasn't received item, is going on holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks but will message again when he returns.
TBH I don't believe that he has not received 2 parcels.
From my understanding he can't leave negative feedback as it's more than 60 days since he paid for the item and he can't open a paypal dispute as it's more than 45 days since he paid for the item so I think I'm in the clear. I have proof of posting for 2 items sent to his address so I feel no guilt.
Can I rest easy?

FAQtothefuture Fri 24-Jul-09 22:42:20

I think you may be able to rest easy because of the time period. However, in future I would do recorded - as proof of postage won't cut it with paypal or ebay, they want it to be signed for.

Pingpong Sun 26-Jul-09 13:44:01

Thanks FAQ I do send out most parcels recorded to the UK but it is so expensive for Europe. I give buyers the option but no one has chosen that option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now