Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Do you sell clothes on Ebay?

(10 Posts)
Claire2009 Wed 15-Jul-09 20:35:15

I'm considering it, I have a lot of stuff Ds has grown out of, he's 2yo but in 3-4. I've tons of Jasper Conran, Next, Pumpkin Patch clothes that don't fit him.

Is it best to put them in a bundle or seperately? What do you think?

Tia.

DLI Wed 15-Jul-09 21:06:35

i would sell them separately and put them on for 99p starting price. (add a little but not too much to your postage to compensate). That way you do not have to pay any initial fees only fees when you sell an item! i have sold a couple of ds's clothes on ebay and had no problems.

Lilyloo Wed 15-Jul-09 21:08:43

Have you tried here first ?

whyme2 Wed 15-Jul-09 21:11:09

I find bundles sell better unless the item is really special. People want the cheapest postage per item IYSWIM.

Claire2009 Wed 15-Jul-09 21:44:53

Thanks, will try bundles and see how that works out. I haven't tried here, think Ebay would be easier too, uploading pics and all...?

idunnop Thu 16-Jul-09 09:09:34

I would put them in small bundles - try to group them into 'designer' bundles like Jasper Conran, and more normal labels like Next/Pumpkin Patch in separate bundles. Also try to arrange them into 'outfits' for the photos and describe each item separately in your listing.

The exception I would say is higher value items like coats which I would sell individually (but better to wait until start of September for winter clothes). Also if you had any very expensive brands (Catimini etc) you could sell those individually too.

PrammyMammy Thu 16-Jul-09 12:11:44

I always sell my ds clothes on Ebay if no interest on here.
If you put them in small bundles of next but add one special item of like timberland they sell well.
Burberry, Catimini and Boden are all very good sellers on their own if you have good photos.
If you sort them into outfits be prepared to maybe get 99p for the full outfit. I sold a gorgeous Miniman shirt/trousers combo, it cost me about 50pounds and it went for 99p. So now i find listing them seperatly but saying on the listing that you have matching items also for sale.

mrsjammi Thu 16-Jul-09 12:16:43

Message withdrawn

Claire2009 Thu 16-Jul-09 13:28:46

I have a few Boden bits, T shirts, coat, J.conran, Gap coats. I've passed some stuff on to my neighbour but I wouldn't mind actually getting something from some of it, seeing as it's in ex condition

Thanks, I'll have a think and probably start selling, will see how it goes, it may be less hassle to just give them to the neighbour blush

Fleur111 Thu 30-Jul-09 22:00:27

I sell all my son's clothes on on ebay - even if they are second or third hand - as long as they are not stained or damaged, I think I am reasonable about what I expect for them - I am not really looking for a big profit, just a little bit toward the next bits I have to buy for him. For example I sold a bundle of 80+ items for about £40 - which works out at 50p an item, which is cheaper than the charity shops! The people who bought it had everything they needed for three months or so in that one bundle, and they left good feedback so I think they were pleased with it, even though, as I said in my listing, all the items had been "worn and washed" repeatedly and the condition showed this...

I worte this about selling on baby stuff in case it is any help to anyone...

http://familyfinances.suite101.com/article.cfm/sellingbaby_clothes_onebay

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now