Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Cutting off my nose to spite my face???? bought something then got a message saying seller on holiday

(2 Posts)
IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Wed 15-Jul-09 19:48:06

Bought ds a pair of shoes from an ebay shop last night, read and re-read listing chose them over another seller as they post every day endevour to put them out in 24hours etc so went with them.
Needed the shoes for next week so thought there was a good chance they would get here. After I had gone through checkout and paid got and out of office reply type email and then another through ebay saying that the shop was shut as seller on holiday wouldn't be posting out purchases until Turs 23rd July angry
To be fair they did say they would offer a refund on that same date if buyer not happy with this.

Now i'm [sngry] that i'm defiantely not getting the shoes before the date I need them for and was tempted to just say oh forget it and wait for them anywa plus buy another pair but I cannot afford to do that have spent part of the money on these that would have gone towards another pair had I gone into town.

I know you can shut ebay shops for hols I went into something in my watched items the other day and it had a message saying shop shut hols etc.
SO do you reckon they have not done this in the hope that people just go oh what the hell not worth the hassle and keep the purchase?

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Wed 15-Jul-09 19:49:05

SO the upshot being that won't have any shoes for ds for the time I needed them as cannot afford to buy another pair having spent part of it on a refund I have to wait over a week for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now