Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Unhappy with purchase- any tips?

(5 Posts)
Haylstones Wed 15-Jul-09 19:22:20

I recently bought a phone, which arrived today. It was described as 'good condition and showing some signs of everyday general use in the expected places with a couple of small scuffs on a couple of the corners (nothing major)'

IMO, this is not accurate. All edges ares scuffed, the keys are worn and there are chips along an edge. I contacted the seller who doesn't want to give a full refund and asked if I'd accept a £10 refund as it is in good working order and I shouldn't have expected a perfect phone for the price I paid (which is average on Ebay even for those advertised as excellent condition)

I've never had a dispute before so would greatly appreciate some advice on whether or not to accept his offer or pursue it further.

Tortoise Wed 15-Jul-09 19:27:42

If you want a full refund then tell the seller that you won't accept £10 refund. Tell them you will return the phone to the RECORDED postage. And that you would like a full refund once they have recieved the phone back.
You don't have to accept their offer.

Also if you paid by Paypal you can claim a refund through them if seller still refuses.

Good luck. smile

Haylstones Wed 15-Jul-09 19:38:24

Thanks tortoise. That's what I wanted to say but didn't know if that was overreacting or even if I could do that. THe listing states no refunds so I hope all goes well.

HollyBunda Wed 15-Jul-09 19:56:46

It doesn't matter if they state no refunds, if the item is SNAD (significantly not as described) and you open a paypal dispute and send it back (recorded), paypal will refund your money for you.

They cannot leave you -FB, but you can leave it for them.

I think it's cheeky of them to say that you shouldn't have expected perfect for the price. You should expect what they described! If they did not describe it accurately then they should refund you. A good seller would refund you postage to send it back as well.

Haylstones Wed 15-Jul-09 20:22:44

Thanks. I've sent a very polite email asking for a refund so fingers crossed! With the £10 refund it is the same as I'd receive by recycling i t, which is tempting just to forget about it but I am going to stick to my guns!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now