Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

more of a royal mail rant

(4 Posts)
mel1981 Tue 14-Jul-09 11:16:36

Selling a few bits on ebay and have just had a lady ask for postage price for a item to finland.
Items all weighed at home, 1st class within uk is £1.62 -no extra costs added. Just checked cost to send it to Finland and its only £1.31 as airmail!!!
How does that work? I know ones 1st and ones airmail but surely thats not right- airmail only takes 3 days and 1st class isnt much quicker

Pingpong Tue 14-Jul-09 19:45:42

I regularly post an item weighing approx 60g and it costs £1.28 to the UK first class and £1.21 to Europe Airmail. It is bonkers. It's been like this since April when the prices were reviewed. I checked online first of all and then checked at my local PO and it's right. Totally crazy. I still charge more of posting to Europe as people expect that it should cost more!

Bonneville Tue 14-Jul-09 19:51:40

Yes its an anomaly (is that the word?). Thickness is disregarded (up to a certain limit) for items sent abroad. I agree its silly.

mel1981 Tue 14-Jul-09 20:07:46

Smac I had to check and recheck a few more times too, I thought I had done it completely wrong.
I dont understand why they cant work it out the same here as they do abroad. This country is going mad LOL

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now