Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Quick (and URGENT) questions about payment and BIN auctions.

(7 Posts)
LackaDAISYcal Mon 13-Jul-09 12:03:14

I have a listing on at the minute that ends in less than an hour. It's on a fixed price/BIN auction and I set it up that payment was required at the end of the auction.

I've had a question from a buyer saying they won't have enough in their paypal account till tomorrow. Their feedback score is only four.

Soooo, can they do this? ie not pay immediately? is there the option to skip the payment part?

and secondly, should I accept it? I've been burned before with someone buying something BIN and then not paying and ignoring all attempts to get in touch with them.

I have seven people watching but no-one has clicked yet!

TIA

LackaDAISYcal Mon 13-Jul-09 12:15:13

help!!

MaDuggar Mon 13-Jul-09 13:12:25

Yes, unless you ticked the box for immeadiate payment, they can pay within 7 days even on a BIN

MaDuggar Mon 13-Jul-09 13:14:51

and tbh, you cant refuse it, unless you block them before they click on BIN

Pingpong Mon 13-Jul-09 13:24:42

if it's instant payment then they can't complete the sale without paying so you should be safe IMHO.
If I do a Buy It Now listing I will always set it to instant payment as I can't be @rsed waiting for payment.

LackaDAISYcal Mon 13-Jul-09 13:38:17

Crisis averted as the item was bought by someone else. I had ticked the instant payment box so it looks like they wouldn't have been able to complete anyway.

I had sent a response to the effect that I wasn't sure they would be able to complete the auction, but that if it didn't sell I would be relisting.

thanks for the responses smile

Pingpong Mon 13-Jul-09 15:20:08

great that it all worked out anyway smile
I'm really pretty certain that instant payment means just that

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now