Just sold an item on eBay that was on eBay (typically had about 5 watchers) literally 30 seconds after they paid (it was immediate payment required) I recieved this...
Hi there, I am so so sorry about this but my boyfriend has bought and paid for this but i have just bought one from someone else. I am sorry to ask but is there any chance we could cancel this transaction and you refund me?? I'm sorry again and hope you can help. Many thanks
It sounds like bull crap to me but I don't see that I have much choice? I stand to recieve a neg if I don't refund. So if I refund am I then able to open a mutal agreement thingy to get my fees back?
YOu can try a mutual, but if the buyer ticks the wrong box, you dont get your fees back! So its up to you if you trust them to do the right thing at their end or not.
Your other option is to refund their paypal payment, and then open a dispute after 7 days for no payment. The buyer will then get a strike against their name, which will hopefully stop them doing it again! And you get your fees back.
TBH, Id be tempted to do the latter if I thought it was bull crap
I would - especially as BIN isn't like an auction, they have statutory rights, so can usually return things anyway if they like (you can't with auctions unless the seller agrees, but Distance Selling Regs kick in with BIN I believe). And the postage offer is actually quite generous, especially since you can't neg her, so she may be genuine.
Agreeing a refund and then issuing a strike is poor form, IMO.
It's frustrating & really cheesed me off, I think she was lying personally but what could I do?! I wanted my fees back & I wanted to relist asap to try & get back the watchers I lost through this waste of time buyer!
Trouble is nowadays buyers have a hold over us sellers as they can easily neg us!
But - she had the legal right to return the item, anyway. She paid the postage costs as compensation, correctly agreed to mutually cancel, and the relisting was free. So seller is up the postage amount plus listinga happy bunny!would be fee - no? So I don't really understand the issue.
I sell on Ebay as well, and if that was the worst experience I'd ever had I would be a happy bunny, tbh. Talking about a strike in this context is also pointless, because she could just get it removed - it's obviously an abuse of the system when the transaction's been mutually cancelled, and it's not as if she was unpleasant in asking, either.
"Changed my mind refund me or a neg" is one thing; then, definitely, refund and wait till pos, issue a strike. Done. But here it seems a completely over the top suggestion.