Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

WWYD?

(6 Posts)
insertwittynicknameHERE Sat 11-Jul-09 18:48:56

I listed an item which was bought last Monday, the buyer requested an invoice on Tuesday which I duly sent to her her. I still have not received the money for the item she has bought.

I've never encountered this and wondered what I should do.

I was thinking of waiting until this Monday, so she will have had a week to pay, and then email her or resend the invoice.

How does this email sound, I don't want to come across as snotty etc.

'Hiya, Thank you for buying the item from me, it is all packaged up and ready to go as soon as I receive full payment from you for this.
Thank you
Kind Regards
insertwittynicknameHERE'

Does that sound okay?

NormaSknockers Sat 11-Jul-09 18:52:43

I would send an email like that & usually do if a few days have passed. It's polite & to the point without seeming rude.

You do have to allow 7 working days before you can go through the eBay channels for non payment but fingers crossed they'll pay you before then

insertwittynicknameHERE Sat 11-Jul-09 18:57:08

Thanks, I couldn't find anything on ebay about time restrictions for buyers paying so was not sure what to do.

Do you think I should send the email now or wait until Monday so that it has been a full week?

Pingpong Sat 11-Jul-09 19:36:41

that message sounds just right. Send it now and then if you hear nothing further open a dispute on Monday. The buyer then has a further 8 days to pay before you can close the case. (and get your listing fees back)

Toppy Sat 11-Jul-09 19:38:02

I usually give a full week before first reminder. When I started selling I was a bit shocked at how slow some payers are as I always pay immediatley on winning but lots of people don't and take a few days. All have paid eventually though - even one poor lady who I emailed three times who had gone in to labour very early.
I give at least two reminders - the first is like yours, the second will be a resent invoice with wording along the lines of 'Just a gentle reminder that you have comitted to but this item. Do you still want to buy it ? If I have not heard from you within x days I will notify ebay of an unpaid item so that I can get my listing fees etc back'. I never threaten with a strike but point out they are costing me money

Pingpong Sat 11-Jul-09 21:33:53

I've been selling quite a lot since January and the items I sell seem to attract buyers new to ebay so unfortunately I've had quite a few non payers so that's why I do one polite reminder and then the dispute after 7 days. I find the ebay message often prompts them into action.
I would never threaten strikes or anything like that as it's just not constructive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now