Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Why do some used nappy listings get cancelled and others not?

(5 Posts)
Hopefully Wed 08-Jul-09 22:33:44

I've just listed some nappies on ebay - didn't put used in the title, or in the 'condition' box, but the listing got cancelled.

However, there are loads of used nappies on there, which seem to be in much the same format as mine.

Is there some secret I'm missing, or is it just bad luck?

ilovemydogandmrobama Wed 08-Jul-09 22:35:18

Ebay don't sell used nappies.

Unless you're quick wink

Galava Thu 09-Jul-09 14:30:18

I know what you mean Hopefully.

I had some tots bots pulled recently when there were loads listed in the same condition as mine.

Then I advertised a swim nappy and that got pulled too, even though there were loads that obviously said they had been used.

I never dared to relist, but sold them through the used nappy website.

Hopefully Sat 11-Jul-09 06:57:36

Hmm... Might have to do the same. But it's taken me so long to get to grips with Ebay, I want to use it for everything!

Stupid stupid rules.

Pingpong Sat 11-Jul-09 15:16:13

I don't think ebay check these things methodically but respond to 'reports' so it is other ebay users spoiling your listings. Most probably someone else trying to sell the same thing.
I am only guessing but the shorter time the listing is active for, the less time there is for someone to report it.
I think it is a ridiculous policy TBH. I can see why they don't allow used underwear but to put cloth nappies and swim nappies in the same category is bonkers IMO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now