Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Problems claiming payment as email address is wrong on listing - now what?

(2 Posts)
Daffodilly Wed 08-Jul-09 22:01:46

I sold an item in Ebay and can see that the buyer has initiated payment via PayPal - but the payment has not been received in my PayPal account - I suspect it is linked to the wrong email address, but I do not understand how this has occurred. The email address was pre-filled on the selling form when I set up the item and I checked it was correct (as same thing has happened once before).

If I go back to the item form and click on the link: "Sell a similar item" at the top of the page - the wrong email address is listed, (one extra letter added to make it wrong).

If I click on: "Sell one like this" at the bottom of the page - the CORRECT email address is displayed.

I don't understand why it has 2 email addresses? Or where it is getting this incorrect one from?

Grrr - anyone had this happen? Any advice on how I can contact a real live human being at Ebay to sort it out? Help! I am fed up of going round in circles on their web help.

aristocat Thu 09-Jul-09 11:00:11

this has happened to me recently and i was the buyer.

i noticed email address was incorrect and the paypal was pending,suggested seller check his email address[ which was wrong].
i cancelled my payment, he sent me a new request to pay. did that - went through fine.

BTW i have seen a phone number for them on here before but dont know it, have you searched old threads?

good lucksmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now