Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

DH has started a paypal claim for a non received item, but the seller is no longer listed

(6 Posts)
Saltire Sun 05-Jul-09 19:22:35

What's his chances of getting his money back? Zero?

Eddas Sun 05-Jul-09 19:55:29

i'm in the same position atm, we're currently waiting on a decision from paypal because the bugger seller provided a postage number hmm we haven't received the item so they better not winangry

If your seller doesn't provide any proof of postage then it will be simple and they will find in favour of you, as that's happened to me before too.

Saltire Mon 06-Jul-09 08:10:18

Even if he's not regsitered anymore? He might have withdrawn all the money from his paypal.
The thing with this item is that DH bid on and won. He got an invoice form the seller. Then DH got an email from ebay to say the item had been removed from listings, but the seller told him that he had all his details and that the item would still be posted!
Needless to say it didn't arrive. The seller has since received about 12 negatives from other buyers for non delivery of item,all similar item to the one that DH bid on. However, it seems that some people did get their items, as an equal number seem to have left him positive feedback

Pingpong Mon 06-Jul-09 13:18:27

I think your DH should be covered by buyer protection. Is it not supposed to be like the protection you get when using a credit card? That is certainly the impression I have been given but I have never escalated a claim as a buyer.

Eddas Mon 06-Jul-09 18:11:40

I think so Saltire as the claim we won was someone we paid who was the no longer registered on ebay but the money was given back to us by paypal. I don't know how it works with them getting their money back from the seller but don't give up hope. I'd imagine it'll be in your favour if others have had the same problem. Also the positive feedbacks may not be real. People seem to have multiple registrations on ebay and buy their own things IYSWIM or get friends to bid and leave feedback.

sooey76 Sat 01-Aug-09 17:00:54

Even if they are no longer a registed user, I think it actually takes many weeks to totally unregister, and you have to give time for all transactions to be completed, try claiming through paypal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now