Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Aaaargh confirm identity!

(10 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Sat 04-Jul-09 15:33:07

I've just tried to buy something from ebay on BIN. I clicked Commit to Buy and got sent to a "confirm my identity" page, which asked for my card details. So I put them in and it told me my card no was wrong. I double and triple checked - it definitely isn't! I went back into my ebay and the item wasn't in items I've won - despite having cliked commit to buy hmm I then tried again (I can cope with 48 corn on the cob holders ) and same has happened!!
Anyone else had this? I'm just glad it didn't happen with my last purchase (yesterday or day before) and leave someone waiting for their £60! Because I bet they don't sort it out quickly.

StealthPolarBear Sat 04-Jul-09 16:45:55

bump - no-one else?

dizzymare Sat 04-Jul-09 16:48:42

Have you been to the help section? I had a right nightmare with my paypal a while back, and they were really helpful. I got an email back from them fairly swiftly.

StealthPolarBear Sat 04-Jul-09 16:52:01

I'll try that, thank you

StealthPolarBear Sat 04-Jul-09 16:56:12

right, email sent
I want my corn on the cob holders!!!

dizzymare Sat 04-Jul-09 17:00:32

grin

dizzymare Sat 04-Jul-09 17:01:29

I've just remembered seeing a bag of pampered chef ones on ebay, are these what you're after

StealthPolarBear Sat 04-Jul-09 17:05:34

don't think so - someone just selling packs of 12 for 89p +99p P&P

Pingpong Sat 04-Jul-09 22:57:36

do you have an old card on record that has expired or something?
I'm not sure as I've never had this happen before.
GL

StealthPolarBear Sun 05-Jul-09 16:29:00

Sorry, just seen your post. No, card doesn't expire until 2011, and I used it less than a week ago on ebay! I think it's one of those routine confirmation things, but can't seem to get it to accept my details!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now