Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Someone has taken 2 lots of 24 pounds from my Paypal account. Has anyone had experience of this and how good are Paypal at sorting it out / refunding my account

(6 Posts)
AnyoneForPimms Thu 02-Jul-09 15:39:47

VERY angry angry angry

Reported it to paypal straight away and they have frozen my account.

Anyone had this happen to them?

Ineedmorechocolatenow Thu 02-Jul-09 20:35:09

Yup. It happened to me. They refunded me, it took a few weeks. The annoying thing was that they had obviously hacked into my Ebay account too so I had to change all my passwords and for my email address too.

They took it out in dollars with me, so I had the exchange rate to contend with too.

Bastards! I hope yours gets sorted too.

AnyoneForPimms Fri 03-Jul-09 06:06:51

I'm really fed up cause I can't use the account to pay anyone which is a real pain as I bought a couple of bits that I needed to pay for.

Can't believe it's happened angry

Dazmum Mon 06-Jul-09 09:24:28

I had this happen too, but for a smaller amount 2 x £8 I think. Luckily I discovered it the day it happened. Got onto Paypal straight away and they sorted it out very quickly, and refunded my money. Had to change my passwords which was a pain.

Also had a bad experience last Christmas, bought a wii game from a site I thought was genuine, because I could pay with Paypal. Queried when the goods didn't arrive, discovered that loads of us had been conned. Got on to Paypal without much hope, but they refunded again, even though I hadn't paid with a credit card. So, hopefully you will get your money back. Think Paypal have tightened up since, as I they now send me a secret number in a text when I want to buy anything, which is a bit of a pain, but worth it I think.

AnyoneForPimms Mon 06-Jul-09 12:58:21

Really pleased to say that I got my money back this morning so really impressed with paypal grin

Pingpong Mon 06-Jul-09 13:38:16

well done and 3 cheers for paypal smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now