Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I've had a question from a bidder and I'm not sure how to respondI

(11 Posts)
LackaDAISYcal Tue 30-Jun-09 16:44:08

I'm selling a pram and listed it starting at 99p, with a reserve of £75 and a BIN price of £100.

I didn't realise that once I had had a bid on it the BIN would disappear.

Anyhoo someone has bid £75 on it, then sent me a message saying they are dithering and that if they were to bid £100 would I put the BIN back on.

Firstly, can I do this? edit the auction once bidding has already started? and secondly, can they ask me that sort of question? surely that goes against the whole ethos of the bidding system.

Any advice for a selling novice greatfully received.

Ta smile

lynniep Tue 30-Jun-09 16:45:58

I dont think you can add a BIN once there are bids on your auction.

And whilst they can ask you ( nothing ventured nothing gained!) I believe its against the rules

Mutt Tue 30-Jun-09 16:46:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LackaDAISYcal Tue 30-Jun-09 16:48:01

I thought as much.

They have just sent another mail saying they are happy to let the auction run now...

...which is nice of them hmm

Mutt Tue 30-Jun-09 16:48:51

Bucharest Tue 30-Jun-09 16:49:09

That's good for you- as they obviously think it's likely to go for more than £100....

Mutt Tue 30-Jun-09 16:50:12

Bucharest Tue 30-Jun-09 16:56:43

How's your (ex)gallbladder problem anyhow Daisy? Are you fully recovered now?

monkeyfacegrace Tue 30-Jun-09 17:14:56

Why dont you just cancel the auction and sell it to them privately outside Ebay? Saves you a fortune in fees. I do it allllll the time, literally twice a week ish x

LackaDAISYcal Tue 30-Jun-09 18:29:32

because I don't want the hassle of private sales, which is why I'm using ebay, and it's a bit cheaty to just stick it on ebay to get someone's interest then take it off, especially if there are other interested parties who are effectively being gazumped smile

fine thanks bucharest; all back to normal now and eating what I want pain free again grin. Were you waiting on your op?

Bucharest Tue 30-Jun-09 18:59:48

No, I was a suspected gallbladder which turned out to be an easy peasy helicobacter infection....hmm Blimmin doctors!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now