Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Is it acceptable to chase for feedback?

(11 Posts)

I have just started selling, so I am anxious to get as much feedback as possible, but also very aware that I don't want to piss people off.

I am waiting for 8 lots of feedback mostly from over 2 weeks ago, is this a long time to wait? When I buy I always do it on the day I recieve the item.

I was thinking of sending something along the lines of-

Hi, I am hoping you have received your item/s by now and that you were pleased with them.

I would be very grateful if you could let me know they have arrived safely by leaving feedback.

Thanks.

Ok or not?

bigstripeytiger Sun 28-Jun-09 10:04:03

Lots of people do it.
I find it annoying, but it does sometimes prompt me into leaving feedback.

brimfull Sun 28-Jun-09 10:06:58

no harm in trying I suppose

I won't do it if it will be annoying, I am trying to be a lovely seller.grin

Do people sometimes not bother leaving fb at all then?

bigstripeytiger Sun 28-Jun-09 10:12:58

I leave feedback straight away if I am happy.
If Im dissapointed, but not enough to complain then I dont.
If the person then hassles me for feedback I might leave it, depending on whether I was a how dissapointed I was.

MaryHuff Sun 28-Jun-09 10:19:04

I've done this before - sent a message saying I use feedback as a means of ensuring the item arrived safely, so just wanted to check with them that all was well.

Geepers Sun 28-Jun-09 10:44:10

I never leave feedback and find it irritating getting messages asking for it.

TheChilliMoose Sun 28-Jun-09 10:58:37

I think it is only polite to leave feedback. Your email is polite and concise. I would send it to your buyers, only once, and I bet most of them do then leave feedback.

cornsilk Sun 28-Jun-09 11:00:30

It annoys me when people do this to me.

TheChilliMoose Sun 28-Jun-09 11:01:33

Just out of interest, why don't you leave feedback?

hocuspontas Sun 28-Jun-09 11:04:14

I prefer the way Amazon Marketplace works. The email comes from a central place, nudging you into leaving feedback incase you've forgotten so you can't get narked with the seller because it's automated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now