Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

footmuff arrived clearly unwashed - what feedback would you leave?

(8 Posts)
hoochymama Thu 25-Jun-09 19:52:46

I bought a footmuff on Ebay, which arrived clearly unwashed - covered in long hair, short hair (looking suspiciously like dog hair) and grass. I'm certainly no perfectionist, but I gave it straight to a charity shop. It looked like it had been used to line a dog basket!

Admittedly it wasn't very expensive, but on principle wouldn't you wash something if selling it?

I haven't left any feedback yet - and I don't really want to leave negative feedback as it arrived in reasonable time.

Am I being a bit precious? Feel free to tell me if I am!

hoochymama Thu 25-Jun-09 19:53:19

ps I washed it before giving to the charity shop!!

TheChilliMoose Thu 25-Jun-09 19:57:14

I would leave negative feedback saying although it arrived quickly, it was filthy.

meemarsgotabrandnewbump Thu 25-Jun-09 20:00:28

did the seller specify it would be washed and in clean condition?

If not, I don't really think you should leave a negative.

Pingpong Thu 25-Jun-09 20:21:42

I wouldn't have been impressed but I do think you should contact the seller before leaving a neg. Most sellers would appreciate that courtesy. I certainly would appreciate being given the opportunity to rectify a problem rather than be given a negative.

blithedance Thu 25-Jun-09 20:33:44

Please contact the seller first, it is nasty to leave a neg. fb without giving them a chance. They may well refund you, but to be fair if it was a one line description and did not say "clean" or "pet free" or whatever, you took the risk. Better luck next time!

ilovesprouts Sun 19-Jul-09 09:48:37

i once got an item that stunk to high hell ,so i emailed her and told her what i thought ,i dont beat around the bush ,so to speak grin

BikeRunSki Sun 19-Jul-09 10:07:32

You could just not leave any feedback.

Was it ok once it was washed? ie - if it had been washed before you'd got it, would you have kept it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now