Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Seller has sent me a second chance offer.

(7 Posts)
insertwittynicknameHERE Thu 25-Jun-09 11:57:25

I would love to take her up on it but I don't have enough money now so I am not able to. Do I need to let her know by replying to the email or is there another 'protocol' I need to follow?

Pingpong Thu 25-Jun-09 12:08:19

you don't have to do anything. It will expire depending on how long she has set it to be valid for. I usually set it to 24 hours so I'm not hanging around for ages waiting to hear if they want it.
I suppose it would be polite to reply but I've never received a reply so I don't think it is expected.

Niecie Thu 25-Jun-09 12:12:32

No, you don't have to do anything - it works like a buy it now, based on your highest offer for the original item.

I wouldn't bother to reply unless you really want the item and want the seller to wait a bit longer than the second chance offer is valid for. They might agree to wait, you never know.

insertwittynicknameHERE Thu 25-Jun-09 12:12:57

Thanks, I will reply anyway and let her know that I can no longer have it.

Galava Thu 25-Jun-09 12:58:14

Once I was sent a second chance offer which I missed.

I then found it was relisted and this time I won it and actually got it cheaper !

insertwittynicknameHERE Fri 26-Jun-09 19:54:25

That would be nice, lol.

Qally Sat 27-Jun-09 21:31:49

Its worth checking out the history on a 2nd chance offer. I'm sure they're often the legit, but the two occasions I've had them, the seller was shill bidding. (Depressingly obviously, in fact.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now