Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Does anyone else find it annoying when...

(5 Posts)
boogiewoogie Wed 24-Jun-09 22:14:34

sellers deliberately put in * "not (insert popular brand/ designer"*
in their listing so that when someone is doing a search, their items comes up?

I mean what is the point? Potential bidders will know that it's probably not worth looking at anyway when they see that the item on the list is not what they're looking for! A search is there to filter out stuff that they don't want!

missmelly Wed 24-Jun-09 22:25:40

spose it gets them the hits they wouldnt normally get though. I find it bit of a pain

Rachmumoftwo Wed 24-Jun-09 22:45:54

I thought they weren't allowed to do that anymore.

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 24-Jun-09 22:49:25

Ebay watches out for listings like this, if they spot it, the listing will be removed and they'll get an email saying that if they relist that or other items in the same way they will get booted off ebay.

Pingpong Wed 24-Jun-09 23:02:14

you can report the item as they are not supposed to do that but yes it's definitely to get noticed.
I don't think ebay do watch out for listings like that I think they rely on reports. There are so many things being auctioned all the time it would be a very difficult thing for them to monitor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now