Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Aaaaargh please help me with this buyer

(11 Posts)
Kutner Wed 24-Jun-09 21:48:15

I sent a bundle of clothes last week to a lady who has received them today.

Every item was photographed and described. The items were listed as used, despite some of them never having been worn.

I have received an email from the seller today to say that more than half the items were 'tatty' and 'discoloured' and requesting a full refund incl postage.

I ahev asked her to explain what items are tatty and for further info - IE what is wrong with them, and have requested photographic evidence as such.

The buyer sent me a message back to say;
" am not interested in stating wich ones are discoloured and tatty as there are too many of them, i am also not interested in sending you photographic evidence, as i have seen by your photo's, they can be very deceiving"

I replied to say that I would be happy to refund but would like a clearer indication as to what is wrong with them and have just received the following reply;

"Yet again i repeat myself, i am not interested in providing you with anything, i simply request a full refund. I am happy to return your clothes via recorded delivery prior to refund. If you are not willing give me a full refund under these circumstances i shall have not option but to take this matter futher."

What can I do now? Am feeling like I'm being fleeced here - a number of the items were new, others had only been worn once or twice and none of them were tatty!

Kutner Wed 24-Jun-09 21:50:16

That should be email from the buyer and that I sold them last week.

Too angry to type! angry

Pingpong Wed 24-Jun-09 23:08:25

I'm sorry but I don't think you have any choice but to refund her.
Block her from bidding again.

EldonAve Wed 24-Jun-09 23:17:00

You could wait for her to put in a dispute - I don't know how these tend to go

liahgen Wed 24-Jun-09 23:22:05

this happened to me last year. I sold a gorgeous monsoon top, immaculate condition. She sent me aggressive emails saying the top was unfit to be worn as it was so badly stained. I finally agreed to refund price of top minus postage until she had returned it to me, she took refund, and kept the flaming top. I was totally livid.

Unfortunately she has you over a barrel, twould be easy for her to ruin the clothes to get a paypal dispute to go in her favour, (would mean she'd have crap clothes but some people are wierd)

To be honest if this happened to me again i'd tell them to bollox and take it to dispute. Stupid cow still left me neg feedback. I left reciprocal but could only leave a reply on mine, very frustrating. (can you tell i haven't forgotten)grin

Hope you get it sorted

tutu100 Wed 24-Jun-09 23:24:46

Depending on how bothered you are about your feedback you can either say no to a refund and let her take it to dispute. Or you can allow her to return the items at her own cost. You do not have to refund her return postage.

I would say that you have security marked the clothes and once you have recieved them and have checked that they are in the condition that you sent them out you will refund her.

How much did she win them for (if you don't mind me asking?).

LaurieFairyCake Wed 24-Jun-09 23:27:11

definitely wait til you have them back before you refund (minus postage)

Kutner Thu 25-Jun-09 06:11:37

Thanks for the replies. It was £20 for £21 items all good names - Designers @ Debs, Baby Gap, M&S, Next etc

I wouldn't mind so much if she'd be reasonable enough to elaborate even a little. Her complete refusal to even give an example of one garment and what is wrong with it just seems wrong iyswim?

I've never had such an issue before and tbh it's put me right off ebay.

Am very sure that she'll leave me negative feedback anyway even if I do rfnd angry

Thanks again.

tutu100 Sun 28-Jun-09 20:39:33

How did you get on with this buyer?

mel1981 Sun 28-Jun-09 22:43:32

I sold a green baby blanket a while ago with photo & description might i add, for the buyer to email me when they received it saying they wanted a refund & P&P as when they bid they thought it was pink??? so it was no use to her
I emailed to her that the ad was clear I even wrote that the blanket was green in the post so refused to refund the money & P&P. I never heard back from her and never received any feedback, I just couldnt beleive her cheek! Especially now, I think people realise how important feedback is to buyers and they try their luck which is completely wrong!

Bucharest Mon 29-Jun-09 13:14:18

Give her a refund, but only once you get the stuff back. What a 'mare.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now