Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

paypal dispute

(7 Posts)
Pingpong Tue 23-Jun-09 21:30:54

Just wondering when you would open a paypal dispute?
I sold an item on Friday. Buyer paid that night and I took it to PO on Saturday in time for Saturday collection. I posted it first class recorded. It was sent to Jersey from mainland UK.
Today I received a notification from paypal notifying me that the buyer had opened a dispute. This has never happened to me before. Yes I've had parcels not turn up but the buyer has always contacted me first. It seems a bit hasty to me.
Anyway as it was recorded I've got a tracking number and it says the item was delivered yesterday.
I've sent a polite email to the buyer asking him to wait for the 'electronic proof of delivery to be available' which the RM site says is 72 hours.
I had another customer tell me that their recorded item was left behind their wheelie bin unsigned for. I am really feeling a bit angry with RM.
What is the point of recorded if they can't keep a track of the parcels?
Sorry need to vent but also interested when you would start a dispute. Friday night payment and Tuesday dispute seems a bit quick to me.

WriggleJiggle Tue 23-Jun-09 23:44:09

Perhaps they have made a mistake. If they have bought several similar items recently, and one hasn't turned up, they may be confusing the sellers. What was the reason given in the dispute?

sixlostmonkeys Wed 24-Jun-09 07:05:04

are you sure this is actually a dispute - is it a genuine message?

Pingpong Wed 24-Jun-09 07:56:49

message was from paypal stating that buyer had not received item.
When I open up My ebay - all selling I have a section at the top with Cases and it says there are 2 open cases (1 of which is one I have opened for non payment with another buyer) and the second is this guy.
It seems genuine.
I have looked at his feedback and he only has a score of 7(100%) so not a frequent ebayer although he has been a member since 05.
WriggleJiggle he has bought 3 similar items in the space of 4 days so I suppose he may have got confused. I have my name on the return address but I don't put in a packing slip which I maybe should do.

oliverboliverbutt Wed 24-Jun-09 09:28:50

well, if you have a tracking number and it says it has been received, then paypal should rule in your favor.
I think this dispute was far too quick.
Have a conversation with them on Pyapal and keep everything polite & factual.
Try and track it down for them through RM.
Even paypal should recognize that the buyer has not left enough time to receive the item.
There's not a whole lot else you can do right now.

Bucharest Wed 24-Jun-09 10:50:39

I didn't think the ebay system actually allowed you to open a dispute before 7 days had passed? Maybe they've changed it, but I'm sure once, when I had a dodgy one, I tried to open a dispute on day 6 and it said I had to wait another day....
Smac- hope you sort it out.

Pingpong Wed 24-Jun-09 13:33:23

I think that although ebay and paypal are the same company they have different policies. This is a paypal dispute and not an ebay dispute.
I've had no experience of dealing with a paypal dispute but hopefully as I've done everything right it should work out in my favour.
I think it should be 7 days before you can open a dispute TBH. I think this buyer is being unreasonable and I'll block them from bidding again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now