Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Nutty bidder, help....

(12 Posts)

I have just started selling on e-bay, today I have had a message from someone asking how much it will cost to combine the postage on two items to send to Bulgaria.

It says very clearly on my listing 'UK bidders only please' I sent her a polite message back, apologizing and pointing this out.

She has sent another message saying she really wants the items so she is going to bid anywayhmm.

Whay should I do? I am allowed to accept just UK bids arn't I? I've only sold 3 things so far (and 1 hasn't been paid for), e-bay not turning out to be as easy as I thought.

curlywurlycremeegg Wed 17-Jun-09 14:09:48

You can block her by doing as says in the following link, it also shows you how to cancel any bids she may have put on.....the loon!

block bidder

ninedragons Wed 17-Jun-09 14:12:35

When you set up your next auction, you can automatically block all users registered overseas.

She sounds like a flaming loon.

Thank you so much, have done.

Any idea about my non-payer? Is three days a long time not to pay or be in contact? I know you don't have to pay for 7 days. I always pay instantly, it only seems polite. But is it common to leave it the full week? (I sent her and invoice this morning).

aristocat Wed 17-Jun-09 14:17:44

you dont have to sell to her.
you can cancel her bids/or winning bid becuse she has not adhered to the rules of your listing.

ChopsTheDuck Wed 17-Jun-09 14:20:04

Put a polite note on your auctions asking people to pay or get in touch in 3 days. I start chasing up around then if I haven't heard anything. I don't mind waiting for payment, just like to know that they have an intention of paying!

ChopsTheDuck Wed 17-Jun-09 14:21:08

ALso, for small, lightweight things, It is a good idea generally to offer postage to europe at least. Often get more bids that way.

Buda Wed 17-Jun-09 14:22:59

Why would you not want to post to Bulgaria?

I ask as someone who is in Hungary had has just bid on a couple of things and had them sent here no problem.

Oh ok maybe I should, I was worried about things getting lost and insurance and such, is it not a problem?

Flibbertyjibbet Wed 17-Jun-09 14:26:42

On another thread last week a few people said that Bulgaria seems to have a disproportionate amount of dodgy bidders.

I just sold some items, most paid the same day, one hadn't paid after two days so I sent an email to say please let me know how you wish to make payment so that I know whether to wait for a cheque. He emailed the next day (monday) to say sorry he only has internet access at work and paid straight away.

Feel sorry for his boss!

Just want to point out that I have no problem with Bulgarians or any other European or indeed earth, dwellers.grin

It's only because I have just started out and thought it would be easier to just post in the UK. Obv. should have checked with MN first, as it looks like I was wrong.grin

Pingpong Wed 17-Jun-09 15:58:08

I've had quite a few European bidders and only one lost parcel to Poland which I am in the process of claiming for.
Sadly there are quite a few slow payers so expecting payment after 3 days is a bit optimistic I think.
I usually invoice immediately and then send a polite email reminder 4 or 5 days after auction ends saying 'your parcel is packed and ready I'm just waiting for your payment'and then open a non payment case after 7 days.
If the items are small and light it is sometimes cheaper to send AIRMAIL to Europe than first class in UK. I regularly send items around 60g in weight and since the RM changed their pricing structure in April it has been cheaper to send to Europe than it is first class in UK.
I recommend electronic kitchen scales and using the RM website to get accurate prices for posting parcels (in the UK) but also abroad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now