Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Potential buyer wants me to end item early... help!!!

(7 Posts)
mamadiva Tue 16-Jun-09 09:10:58

I had a BIN of £20 buyer emailed to ask if would do for £15 so changed it to BIN of £15.

BUT just got an email saying best thing to do is send a paypal invoice and then cancel auction to save on fees.

I have no idea what she means, should I do it?

mamadiva Tue 16-Jun-09 09:14:02

Just checked has over 900 positive feedback should be okay I guess.

Disenchanted3 Tue 16-Jun-09 09:15:03

She means that she will pay you directly hrough paypal then you end the auction s you don't have to pay 10% fees to ebay.

If she is paying by paypal then you will still be protected by paypal, as will she, you just don't loose money to ebay.

I do this.
You don't have to do it if you don't want though, you could just say 'I would prefer to keepp it in ebay thanks, but I have reduced the BIN to £15 as requested'
Or you ould say 'I am prepared to do that to save myelf fees but I will only end the auction and post the item o nce you have paid'
Its uop to you,

the fees will only be £1.50 for a £15 item though, so dunno if its worth it in this instance?!

Disenchanted3 Tue 16-Jun-09 09:15:16

She means that she will pay you directly hrough paypal then you end the auction s you don't have to pay 10% fees to ebay.

If she is paying by paypal then you will still be protected by paypal, as will she, you just don't loose money to ebay.

I do this.
You don't have to do it if you don't want though, you could just say 'I would prefer to keepp it in ebay thanks, but I have reduced the BIN to £15 as requested'
Or you ould say 'I am prepared to do that to save myelf fees but I will only end the auction and post the item o nce you have paid'
Its uop to you,

the fees will only be £1.50 for a £15 item though, so dunno if its worth it in this instance?!

Disenchanted3 Tue 16-Jun-09 09:16:09

sorry, wiggly baby on knee & crappy wire3lesas keyboard.

mamadiva Tue 16-Jun-09 09:35:28

Paid through Ebay

Anyone know how to get round having to put recipients phone number with interparcel I don't like asking for things like that.

Bramshott Tue 16-Jun-09 09:51:24

Just put your mobile number, then they'll ring you if there's a problem.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now