Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Never seen this before: Payment pending via paypal..?

(10 Posts)
shhhh Thu 11-Jun-09 12:36:59

Item sold on ebay and I guess buyer had made payment BUT on my sold account the item shows with an "egg timeer" and says payment pending via paypal. Allows me to 'to click "claim payment" and takes me to my paypal account BUT I can't locate this payment...

Hmm..anyone experienced this..? What do I need to do..?

nannyogg Thu 11-Jun-09 12:39:29

I've got one on my account at the moment - I think it means the buyer hasn't verified their card with paypal, so they need to wait for that to clear before paypal will put funds in your account. I don't think you need to do anything but wait for it to clear,

I'll just have a quick look at mine...

Bucharest Thu 11-Jun-09 12:40:06

Is it today? A couple of weeks ago there were loads like this, it was a glitch in their system apparently, I looked on their community forum pages and everyone was having the same problem.

Or it could be they've paid by echeque. I had an American buyer once and it showed the eggtimer thingy for days, because of an echeque.

bubblerock Thu 11-Jun-09 12:42:56

I've had this and I'd actually mistyped my paypal address in the listing so the money was lost in cyberspace. Check your listing just in case (click relist then edit and it will show the paypal details).

shhhh Thu 11-Jun-09 12:44:18

ah right. Will check now BR. Otherwise I guess I just wait..?

Do I make the buyer aware (out of curtosy sp..?) or assume they "know"..?

nannyogg Thu 11-Jun-09 12:47:15

In my case the buyer sent me a message explaining why the payment was late, so can assume they do know.

shhhh Thu 11-Jun-09 12:48:27

BR, think I have done what you suggested blush What do I do now..?

I have left an "o" off my email address..(painful wink)..do I let the buyer know and ask for her to resend it.? How does she get what she already "sent" "back"..?

shhhh Thu 11-Jun-09 12:48:28

BR, think I have done what you suggested blush What do I do now..?

I have left an "o" off my email address..(painful wink)..do I let the buyer know and ask for her to resend it.? How does she get what she already "sent" "back"..?

bubblerock Thu 11-Jun-09 12:52:18

Yep, email buyer and let her know - they will have to cancel payment and wait for Paypal to put it back into their account. Then go to Paypal and send a money request using all of the Ebay details. Glad its not just me though! lol blush

shhhh Thu 11-Jun-09 12:53:37

Oh dear..what a nightmare..sad.

Have emailed her now..Thanks x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now