Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Am about to create my first e-bay listing, can anyone answer 2 quick questions?

(3 Posts)

Firstly what is the best time for an auction to end? I am thinking 8pm Sunday.

Is it best to just start everything (mostly new kids clothes) at 99p? Or should I list at a minimum I would be happy with, which gets the best bids iye?

Any help gratefully recieved, total novice.

icedgemsrock Tue 09-Jun-09 11:08:46

Hi yes sunday eve is a good time to end.
It's free to list at 99p so you are better doing that aslong as you are ok with 99p. If not put whatever you're happy with, but it will cost you to list and sometimes it puts people off.
Have fun.

Pingpong Tue 09-Jun-09 20:35:20

If you have a few items of a similar size don't make them all end at the same time eg 8pm - stagger it a bit. If I've been buying and I like an item I will look and see if I like anything else from that seller and see if they will combine postage. Often you find that people are having a clear out of a certain size of clothes and if you like their style then you may want to bid on 3 or 4 items. It's hard to do that last minute if they all end at 8pm.
Good luck oh and be prepared to let things go for 99p if you start that low. It can be disappointing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now