Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Phew, just blocked dodgy bidder at the last minute!

(8 Posts)
NationalFlight Sat 06-Jun-09 18:29:49

I thought I'd post this as it might be useful to anyone else in a similar position.
I have an hour and a half left on one of my items, and noticed there were a couple of bids so I checked the feedback...it looked Ok initially at 3, but on closer inspection most of the feedbacks said 'time waster' and 'non payer' shock

So I decided I'd try and cancel their bids before they wasted my time too - I didn't think I could but it was really easy.

You just click on Help, search for cancel bids or similar and it comes up with a link, then you get to cancel the bids of the person in question, however near the end it is.

I've added them to my blocked list from the same page as well, so they can't bid on my things in future.

Hope this is of use to someone. Some buyers aren't worth the trouble.

Paolosgirl Sat 06-Jun-09 18:32:25

Thanks, that's v. useful smile

Do you know if you can specify that you won't accept bids from people who hide their feedback, or have a poor feedback history, in your listing?

NationalFlight Sat 06-Jun-09 18:48:20

Hmm I think only if they have a certain thing like -1 fb, or two non paying strikes in the last month.

Otherwise you just have to be vigilant or chance it! ebay is a bit crap like that smile

Spidermama Sat 06-Jun-09 18:51:21

I can't sign on to ebay at the moment. Is the site down?

NationalFlight Sat 06-Jun-09 19:00:37

I don't think so Spidey. I'll just check.

NationalFlight Sat 06-Jun-09 19:02:42

no it's fine. Maybe your ebay has measles grin

Was reading your thread btw and sorry you had some dodgy comments, ds2 had it last year, too young for MMR but I totally understand those who don't do it anyway...I wouldn't have even so.

Hope all are up and about this evening, it sounds like a real ordeal especially you being on yer own with it all kicking off.

NationalFlight Sat 06-Jun-09 19:03:40

sorry I mean I wouldn't have done mmr this time...did ds1 and rethinked it all in the interim! smile iyswim

Spidermama Sat 06-Jun-09 19:25:22

Thanks Natflight! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now