Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

What would you do?

(15 Posts)
TheGashlycrumbTinies Fri 05-Jun-09 18:01:13

I have 2 M&S school dresses that didn't sell. I have now been contacted by a member asking if I would sell him both for £3 and that is to include postage, he also wants to know how often the have been worn etc, etc, etc.

The dresses have only been worn for a week as they are actually too short, so really as new condition.

Should I tell him to jog on, or will that result in negative feed back?

TBH I'd rather just post them on here FFP, or take them to the charity shop rather than give sell them to this joker.

paisleyleaf Fri 05-Jun-09 18:03:58

I don't think he can give any feedback if there's no transaction.

nickschick Fri 05-Jun-09 18:05:51

I wouldnt sell him both for £3 tbh ,does he want them starched as well for that high price?

People like this expect things given to them if i were you id give them to a littler child at your dds school.

WriggleJiggle Fri 05-Jun-09 18:06:41

Unless they are actually sold through an ebay auction you can not get a negative.

He's just thinking its worth a try, as they didn't sell. Nothing terribly wrong with that. If you did accept his offer though you would have to relist them with his buy it now price. email back to him what you would be happpy selling them for. If he agrees relist with a buy it now. If he's not interested, then you just leave it as that.

cookielove Fri 05-Jun-09 18:07:17

does your school have a notice board, you could try and sell them on that at a reduced price

crokky Fri 05-Jun-09 18:07:23

He's asking for them outside eBay as the listing has ended. Since there is no eBay transaction (the item remained unsold), he cannot leave you any feedback. Send an email saying that you are going to hang on to them. £3 to include postage is pointless, especially as you will have to pay PayPal fees on the £3.

Mspontipine Fri 05-Jun-09 18:10:11

Were you selling them as one item? What was your starting price in the auction? How much were you charging P+P. They're pretty light aren't they and you could prob send as LL.

£3 is £3 and better than nothing seeing as they didn't sell.

Jog on is extremely rude and I would not say it to anyone - especially a potential customer.

Tidey Fri 05-Jun-09 18:11:40

Tell him he can whistle for it. He's having a laugh and would probably manage to sell them on for way more than that. As plenty of other people have said, there isn't any way for him to leave you feedback and you could report him for trying to arrange a sale after the auction has ended.

Mspontipine Fri 05-Jun-09 18:14:51

Is buyer actually asking to buy outside ebay - op doesn't state this. Maybe he just didn't get to bid in time.

TheGashlycrumbTinies Fri 05-Jun-09 18:29:47

They are going to the charity shop, I really can't be bothered (have since received more questions).

I really just didn't want negative feedback, as I want to keep my 100% positive.

MsPontipine, I wouldn't actuallytell him to "jog on".wink

Thanks for your prompt replies. smile

icedgemsrock Fri 05-Jun-09 21:18:57

I would just relist. I had to relist 1 item 4 times before it sold. Just depends whose looking and you've done all the hard work by listing once.
Jog on isn't rude is it?

nickschick Fri 05-Jun-09 21:30:19

I think the phrase 'jog on' is dependent on where you come from my dh hmm is a londoner and he says it as in 'get a move on,hurry up' but i have heard it said as in 'do one f**k off'

Pingpong Fri 05-Jun-09 21:58:51

grin at the 'jog on'

TheGashlycrumbTinies Sat 06-Jun-09 08:09:38

OMG does it really mean F* off? shock

I always thought it meant get a move on, hurry up!

nickschick Sat 06-Jun-09 10:21:17

lol .....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now