Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Experience selling on eBay??

(5 Posts)
BlueJellie Mon 01-Jun-09 00:15:42

Hi guys, just want some general advice really. I have sold and brought a few odds and ends on ebay and have a good feedback score etc etc.

Was just wondering if anyone has any success selling baby clothes? I have a ton of stuff that I want to get rid of, and me and DP are torn between chucking it on eBay or doing a car boot - what do you guys think? Its all in great condition barely looks worn, as most baby clothes do as they grow so fast!!

Also would you advise to sell items individually or do bundles of say 3 t-shirts, 2 pairs of trousers etc??

Any advice & personal experience would be muchos appreciated :-)

M1SSUNDERSTOOD Mon 01-Jun-09 07:38:43

Clothes do well if good brands/bargain bundle. pick out good items to sell on their own and bundles consist of others items which can all be posted together. A good tip is to offer combined postage if same buyer buys more than one lot. Take lots of photos and make sure sizings are displayed in US, UK format correctly as this can come back to bite you especially if selling shoes which come in continental sizes. Good packaging also helps to ensure ites reach the buyer intact. HTH

vicky275 Mon 01-Jun-09 07:45:01

go for it is a great way of making money to buy new things small bundles of brand or size semm to work best

Bucharest Mon 01-Jun-09 08:06:16

And if you have a couple of bits that are "designer-ish" brands, (Boden, Monsoon, Oilily etc) and put even just one of them in with a bundle of Next etc stuff, you'll get more money for them, as people will be prepared to bid on the bundle just for the one thing IYSWIM?

BlueJellie Mon 01-Jun-09 09:49:01

Ooooooh great advice! I'm gonna go sort through everything later on & decide what to put together. I do have a few bits from Boden & Debenhams so glad to hear I might rake a few pennies back :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now