Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

I'm not an ebay expert. But I have 22 watchers which sounds like a lot. Is it?

(6 Posts)
EdnaClouds Fri 29-May-09 23:25:40

Yes I know watchers don't necessarily equate into bids etc. But I've never had that many before. It's only a dress I don't fit any more (never worn).

What's the most watchers you ever had? (and yes out of interest did they turn into bidders?).

Tryharder Sat 30-May-09 18:20:52

That's quite a lot of watchers. The most I've had is about 12. Most of the time a lot of watchers = lots of bids but not always! I sold a designer dress for 99p - had about 8 watchers and was confident it would go for higher but alas, it was not to be.

notcitrus Sat 30-May-09 20:30:47

Watchers are either interested in buying or have something similar and want to see if it sells if no similar completed listings recently.

Currently have 26 watchers on a camera, 3 bids but only £26 (start price £19.99). That's my record (4 days to go though). Sometimes I've done better with few watchers but 2 people who will bid high, than 15 people who all max bid just over the start price. And sometimes only 1 person bids, so I never start for less than I'd accept, alhtough a low start price often encourages more bids. Suppose I could try a reserve but I hear that just annoys people.

EdnaClouds Sat 30-May-09 22:31:42

Thanks for your answers.

With a day to go a few have dropped out - down to 17, but it's at a price far above what I thought I'd get, so absolutely delighted even without any further bids.

I do remember when I or DH (don't remember the detail) had something up and we had what we thought was loads of watchers maybe 10-12 but no bids at all.

AnnaKat24 Sun 31-May-09 21:20:12

Yes, that's quite good I believe. Good stuff, now u just have to hope they actually bid

Dorothyredboots Wed 03-Jun-09 11:07:28

I sold a Chloe designer handbag for a friend and it went for £256.00 (started at £50) and I had 37 watchers!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now