Talk

Advanced search

This topic is for users to discuss eBay, not for advertising eBay items. If you are a small business you can advertise here

Returning an item - refund of postage?

(3 Posts)
Disenchanted3 Fri 29-May-09 10:55:29

I bought an item described as immaculate, it wasn't, holes, mould, stains.

I emailed photos to seller and he agrees he had mis-represented the item.

He agreed to a full refund of the £60 i had paid for the item & he would pay for courrier to collect.

But what about the £8 postage i paid to have it collected?

I sorted it, so my ebay invoice was 60 alone.
Should I get that back?

Not really happy at being £8 out of pocket because he misrepresented the item.

icedgemsrock Fri 29-May-09 19:45:58

I don't think you are strictly entitled to it but it's worth asking. I know what you mean though i was going to return an item and was annoyed about having to pay the postage. In the end it wasn't worth returning as i only paid £2 for the item.
I asked the same question as you and i think some people said they would offer to refund postage so it depends on your seller.

AnnaKat24 Sun 31-May-09 21:27:18

Hi,

Well I think you should get your money back - $8 is alot of money these days and why should u have to pay for it??? not fair! If he sold you an item that was legit you wouldn't be asking for your money back but he sent you a dodgy item so you should get your money back. I don't understand ebayers like that trying to rip people off angry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now